Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Signing Up Brand New Authors

I just finished editing the DILF Anthology, and will be publishing the erotic short stories of three new authors - or, more acurately, publishing their first erotic short stories. I think I'm as thrilled as they are!

I love getting new authors into print. It's the reason why I became an agent, and now, an editor. It still thrills me.

I have been reading one of these author's blogs for three years, so it's a real thrill to get him into Ravenousromance.

I also am buying a terrific erotica short story collection by an author who blew me away with her creative twists on old erotica themes. I could tell from reading the stories that she had written them for her own entertainment, and that they really turned her on. I will have to work with her closely to get the stories into publishable shape, but it is so worth it to help share someone's vision with readers.

I am exhausted, but I love my jobs!

And the DILF anthology is terrific - one of my best.

2 comments:

cerebralwriter said...

How great that you are able to work with so many great authors! Life is good when one can be absolutely exhausted from work, and yet also so completely excited and satisfied with not only the final product, but the process. Congrats on all of your success.

Bryce said...

Having my very first piece of fiction accepted for your anthology has inspired me in all kinds of ways--thanks for the confirmation, Lorrie!

Bryce ("Four Things")