Sunday, May 31, 2009

Two Books Sold to Alyson

So, in all the excitement of RT, followed by the Digital Rights conference, plus my week-long cruise to Alaska (where I did not work), I forgot to post that we have sold two more novels for reprint to Alyson Publishing (of course, we told the authors).

We are thrilled to announce that Alyson Publishing will publish two RR titles in 2010 as what we all hope will be their new foray into gay romance publishing. They will publish our best-selling titles AN OFFICER AND HIS GENTLEMAN by Ryan Field and SEX, LIES AND WEDDING BELLS by EM Lynley. Don Weise, the publisher of Alyson, and someone who has been reading gay erotica for at least two decades, said our books were as good, if not better, than anything he's ever read. And, that if this is the direction romance novels have gone in since he last read them, then he better start reading romance novels again!

We're all thrilled.

And told each told each other so at the Alyson BEA party last night at The Gates, a beautiful brand new club with chandeliers and marble walls and flowing vodka drinks. It was quite a gala affair.

This is going to be the start of a beautiful friendship!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Congratulations to Ryan and EM!

Brandi

ryan field said...

Thanks to Lori, Holly, and everyone else at ravenous.

I can't remember exactly when my first short story was pubbed by Alyson, but I think Sasha Alyson was still the owner. I know the story was submitted with hardcopy and a SASE. And through the years I've always loved what they publish at Alyson.